With my next book, Beyond Sugar Shock, scheduled for publication in the United States and Canada on June 1 (and on Nov. 1 in Australia), I need lots of help from dedicated volunteers or interns to spread the word about it.
Sugar addicts and carb addicts around the world need to know, I firmly believe, that this simple, friendly book can help them to easily release destructive habit for good so they can get slimmer, sexier, and sweeter. To help people, we're planning many Book Launch activities. (Stay tuned for another post.)
If you come on board as a Beyond Sugar Shock volunteer or intern, you'll get a number of benefits. Of course, you'll get the satisfaction and "warm fuzzies" from knowing that you're helping others, but you'll receive much more. Keep reading to learn how I'll help you if you help me.
So let's get to you -- how will you benefit when you volunteer or intern for me?
Specifically, anyone who interns or volunteers to help build buzz for Beyond Sugar Shock and the companion Sugar Freedom Now Program, gets:
- Frequent access to me. (Previous interns and volunteers tell me that just being around me has helped them to improve their lives.)
- A chance to have your many questions answered.
- Complimentary admission to my programs, including one that helps you Bust Stress, another on How to Write How-to Articles with Joan Stewart, and, of course, my popular, six-week Sugar Freedom Now Course, which is the companion program to Beyond Sugar Shock.
- Free, weekly, half-hour group coaching calls, during which you pick the topics. Previous volunteers and interns have found this to be powerful in helping them to lick sugar or another bad habit (what I call a "babit"). By the way, you don't don't to have sugar issues to get helped, because I'm both a certified certified health coach and certified life coach, thanks to the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC).
- Valuable work experience or, if you're a student, great resume-building duties.
These are the positions now available.
- Social Media Interns - 2 or 3
- Book Launch Publicist Intern(s) - 2 available
- Graphic designer
- Bloggers/Writers - 2 or 3
- Radio Show/Book Launch Assistant Producer Intern
- Expert in SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Blog Webmaster (To Update Website on WordPress)
- Community Builder (SparkPeople Beyond Sugar Shock Team)
- Another position that's ideal for you (Feel free to suggest something!)
If you are interested in any of these positions, reply here, and my assistant and I will get back to you ASAP. (You can include all info here, which we will not publish.)
Be ready to provide:
- Thoughts as to why an internship or volunteer position appeals to you.
- How you heard about me and Beyond Sugar Shock.
- Your time availability. We'd prefer at least 6 hours a week, but less is okay, too.
- A copy of your resume or bio. Please do NOT include an attachment.
- 2 references
Please note that we're looking for people who are:
- Reliable and organized.
- Gracious under pressure.
- Very accurate.
- Interested in health, wellness, personal empowerment, nutrition or exercise.
- Interested in serving others and making a difference in the lives of millions.
One or more of these positions are ideal for:
- Stay-at-home moms, homemakers, entrepreneurs, or sugar addicts.
- Budding health and health coaches, who graduated or are studying at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
- Students (graduate or undergraduate).
- People who have skills in journalism, PR, social media, etc.
- You if you want to find a community of people dedicated to health and wellness.
- You'll work 8 to 15 hours per week. You can work at home.
- These are unpaid positions initially. May develop into paid positions.
- Must have high-speed Internet access.
Thank you in advance for helping me to help people break free of their sugar addiction so they can easily move Beyond Sugar Shock. I couldn't do this without you!
Please note that we will NOT publish your responses. These are for our internal use only -- we will respect and honor your privacy.
Reply now if you'd like to volunteer or intern with me.