Have you seen any of the TV spots, print and online banner ads that seek to convince us that high fructose corn syrup is fun to consume?
Before you believe the many new ads from the Corn Refiners Association -- which is spending a reported $20 million to $30 million to convince us of its safety -- I urge you to get facts from my recent Gab With The Gurus Radio Show, where I had the following guests:
- Curt Ellis, director and producer for the fascinating documentary "King Corn." (The best way to describe it is to quoteThe Austin Chronicle: "As relevant as Super Size Me and as important as An Inconvenient Truth.")
- Acclaimed cardiologist Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D., co-author of my book Sugar Shock!
- Nutritionist, author and personal trainer Pedro Bastos, a colleague of Loren Cordain, Ph.D., acclaimed for his Paleo Diet.
- Biochemist and food and beverage formulator Russ Bianchi, who is also chief executive officer and managing director of Adept Solutions.
- Richard J. Johnson, M.D., author of The Sugar Fix: The High-Fructose Fallout That is Making You Fat and Sick (His interview is coming up.)
Before, during or after you listen to the Gab With the Gurus Radio Show about high fructose corn syrup, I recommend that you:
- Check out the full campaign, which includes three TV spots ("Brothers," "Party" and "Two Bites"), print ads in magazines and newspapers, and online banners that are increasingly seen on the Internet.
- Seee the paid endorsement of high fructose corn syrup with cardiologist James M. Rippe, M.D. (Hmm. I wonder just how much he was paid by the Corn Refiners Association to make those pro-corn syrup statements. By the way, it's interesting that he says "our website" when referring the CRA website.) FYI, listen to Dr. Stephen Sinatra, my favorite cardiologist (he's co-author of my book), give his opposing point of view on my Gab With The Gurus Radio Show.
- Order a copy of the eye-opening documentary, "King Corn."
- Watch the 3 Minute Ad Age news story, A Sour View of Corn Refiners' Sweetener Ads, for which I was recently interviewed.
Remember, you can listen at any time to the Gab With the Gurus Radio Show about high fructose corn syrup.