Sugar and carb addicts, get help to free yourself from your potentially deadly habits on Sat., April 13 at 7 pm at Book Passage in Corte Madera.
Indeed, it's now my honor and privilege to personally guide, coach, educate and empower sugar and carb addicts in the San Francisco Bay Area on Saturday, April 13, which is, coincidentally, two days before a momentous time for me.
Yes, on April 15, I will have gone 15 years sugar-free (mostly)! Bear in mind that I wasn't perfect, and not beating up on myself too much or slipping is one of the keys to my success. (You'll find out how you, too, can be imperfect but still triumph over your sugar addiction.)The program at Book Passage is being presented, thanks to the remarkable organization, Left Coast Writers, a fabulous group that supports new and established writers.
Please note that this appearance at Book Passage is my first talk and book signing since the publication of my book, Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter.
The reason that I didn't do any book signings or give any solo talks in 2012 (other than one appearance as part of a group of authors) is because I wanted to spend as much time as possible with my terminally ill Mom before she passed away. Recently, I lost her. (In fact, I moved from the East Coast to the West Coast to be near her and be of service to Mom before she passed away. (One of our most fabulous moments during our last year together was when two boxes of books arrived from my publisher, Hay House, and my mother raved, "Absolutely terrific" and "Beautiful." I have a video of the special occasion.)
Anyhow, during my first Beyond Sugar Shock appearance on April 13, I'll give you insights and simple starter secrets so you can:
- Activate the positive power of one of procrastination. (Huh? Trust me -- it's a simple, calming tool.)
- Quickly decode and then welcome (really!) your annoying sugar cravings.
- Remember the sour scoop about sugar (that it can lead to cancer, type 2 diabetes and even kill you early) when you're overcome by must-have-sugar-now! feelings.
- Pick yourself up after you’ve “slipped” and fallen off your less or no-sugar plan, especially after emotionally trying times.
- Dissolve your desire for dangerous sweets but still enjoy tasty chocolate treats. You’ll even find out how to get recipes for healthy choco-goodie and get to savor tasty sugar-free desserts.
- Stop being duped by innocent-looking, seductive foods that are actually sugar traps.
- Laugh at my -- and your -- silly-on-sugar behavior. (You'll chuckle at my former Sugar Shrew ways!)
In short, in our time together, you'll get to Turbocharge your Sugar-Free Power.The event on April 13 takes place at:
- Book Passage
51 Tamal Vista Blvd
- Corte Madera
Now, Connie runs her popular Sugar Freedom Now Retreat (virtual, recorded, and live), which is the companion program to Beyond Sugar Shock. She is also host of the Gab with the Gurus Radio Show, for which she interviews top names in a variety of fields from health to the Law of Attraction. Connie studied at the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC), the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), and Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism. Get free gifts to help you reach Sugar Freedom at www.Connie-Bennett.com
Now, Connie guides, inspires and sweetens the lives of carb addicts worldwide by playfully sharing her tried-and-true "Secrets to Easily, Joyfully Release Your Sugar Addiction... Even if You've Failed Umteen Times Before."
Connie is now on the road for The Sugar Freedom Tour, which celebrates her 15 years of being mostly sugar-free (yes, she wasn’t totally perfect, and she’ll tell you why). To participate in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and bring Connie to your home, religious or civic group, and/or place of business, contact her (just fill in the form) at www.BeyondSugarshock.com. If desired, Connie also can offer private coaching to sugar addicts, coaches or other health professionals to help them help their clients.