If you're like most people around the world, your cravings for chocolate, candies or chips often get the best of you -- especially late at night in front of the fridge, in mid-afternoon when the ice cream truck rolls around or mid-morning, when the vending machine "calls out" to you.
But, like millions, within a few minutes of “acting out” – caving into chocolate, chips or soda – you feel discouraged, depressed and downright disappointed in yourself, right?
Don't you just HAT*E the fact that you can’t say “No!” to quickie-carb temptations? Isn't it annoying and aggravating that your sugar cravings won’t leave you alone? And aren't you just disgusted with yourself for your lack of self-control?
Wait a minute! I will NOT let you beat up on yourself!
Instead, I'm here to give you another way to look at those cravings. Let me present a gentle, loving, grateful way to approach them.
Your sugar cravings -- or other cravings -- aren’t your enemies there frustrate, annoy or ruin you! Of course, if you keep giving into these carb clamorings, you may set yourself up for obesity, type 2 diabetes, cancer, heart disease, hypoglycemia, depression, Alzheimer's disease and many more life-threatening ailments.
Instead, your sugar or other cravings are your body’s smart way of whispering to you valuable clues, revealing vital messages and offering you importance guidance as to what you need and when.
Think about it.
When that gotta-have-a-certain-food-feeling strikes, your body is nudging you.
Your body is murmuring, or maybe even shouting, “Please pay attention to me! You’re not giving me
what I need!”
Well, I invite you to begin right now to greet your Whispering or Yelling Sugar Cravings with the zeal of
Yes, trust your cravings. Have confidence in your cravings. Rely on them, because your cravings know best what your body needs.
Take a moment now to begin to Decode Your Cravings™ (as I call it).
Please join me in a quick exercise. Pretend you’re slipping out of your body as you would yesterday’s clothes. Now imagine that you’re watching yourself on a movie screen.
Then, quietly listen to your cravings and see what comes up. To get you started, here are 3 of at least 15 messages your body may be giving you.
1. “You’re not giving me enough sleep! I’m going to give you sugar cravings until I get those necessary zzzs.” (That used to be a big one for me. Whenever I was tired, my carb cravings came on in full force.)
2. “I’m desperate. Please give me some water! Quench my thirst now or I’ll give you sugar cravings to attract your attention!”
3. “Give me protein! I need organic eggs, grass-fed chicken or high-quality fish—and now.”
Remember, I’ve only shared 3 of about 15 messages your body is sharing with you. (You can learn the other 12 in my Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction in 6 Weeks Program.
So are you ready to greet your cravings cordially -- and even put out the welcome mat?
Again, please understand that your cravings are your body’s smart of pleading with you to be more conscious, mindful and loving of it so it can do its work for you.
Your cravings are BEGGING you to give your body what it needs.
Nowadays, one of my burning missions is to help millions of you Decode Your Sugar Cravings™.
In fact, for 12 years now, I’ve been gathering ideas on how to squash cravings from thousands of sugar addicts and hundreds of experts.
In my current Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction in 6 Weeks Program, for instance, you get at least 50 Tips to Topple Your Sugar Cravings™.
And next week, I'll share one really simple, valuable, cutting edge, cravings-squashing technique that’s received rave reviews for its effectiveness. (Stay tuned.)
As you may recall, I'm now at work on my next book, Beyond Sugar Shock for Hay House, which offers a six-week program to release your sugar or carb habit. But you don't need to wait until my book comes out in early 2012 to learn how to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction in 6 Weeks. Just go to http://www.BreakFreeWithConnie.com
By the way, please note that the current Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction Program began Tuesday, but you can just listen to an audio replay to join us. Incidentally, in this interactive course, you’ll get Motivating Messages, interviews with experts, coaching and Q & A sessions. Plus, you’ll discover many
exciting tools and techniques, including (1) what 1 word in the English language to avoid; (2) what 1 activity that many view negative is powerful to conquer cravings and (3) how to have fun quitting or cutting back on sugar (you heard me right!). Join us now at http://ww.BreakFreeWithConnie.com
If you're new to my Sugar Shock Blog, you may be wondering why I'm ideal to help you Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction in 6 Weeks. Here are 10 reasons:
(1) Kicking sugar is easy for you with this program.
(2) I’ve been sugar-free (about 98 percent) for 12 years.
(3) I can feel your pain, frustration and anguish because I used to have a sugar addiction, carb addiction and (years earlier) an eating disorder.
4) This Break Free Program has been in development for 12 years, and what’s included is based on the needs, wishes and desires of people like you.
5)Already, I’ve helped thousands of Successful Sugar Kickers around the world.
6) The price is super right and very low. Right now, you pay only $147 for 6 live teleseminars/webinars, 7 bonus audios, laser coaching, short Motivating Messages and Question & Answer sessions.
7) I’ve received extra training to help you—that’s why I became a certified health coach with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and a certified life coach with the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching.
(8) I’m author of the book Sugar Shock, for which I interviewed hundreds of recognized physicians, nutritionists, researchers and health advocates. Sugar Shock has been praised by numerous people, including Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Marilu Henner and more.
(9) Your questions will be answered in this program.
10) I’m still adding tools and tips based on your requests. (In fact, yesterday, after a Break Free
participant expressed worries about her particular situation, I added a bonus program to give
solutions to this common challenge. When you sign up at http://www.BreakFreeWithConnie.com, you’ll learn about this subject—it’s hot. Hope to "see you" soon to help you Decode Your Sugar Cravings™ and Get Sweeter Naturally™.
If you duplicate the above blog post, please provide the following credit. Connie Bennett, CHHC, CPC, ACC is author of the bestselling book, Sugar Shock!, which has been praised by Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Marilu Henner and many others. She is now writing her next book, Beyond Sugar Shock, for Hay House. Connie is a certified life coach, certified health coach, experienced journalist and host of the Gab with the Gurus Radio Show, which is available on iTunes. Connie is also a former sugar addict, who is now dedicated to helping people around the world to Break Free of their Sugar Addiction and Other Bad Habits (what she calls Babits™). Connie is founder of the acclaimed Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction in 6 Weeks Program. To Learn 10 Reasons You are Hooked on Sugar, listen to Connie's Free Tele-Party. Then act now to take advantage of the Pre-Fall Special at www.BreakFreeWithConnie.com