My deepest desire is that these empowering gurus will change your life.
For my part, I know that I've been dramatically transformed just from holding these shows and hearing the remarkable thoughts shared by our guests.Indeed, I'm feeling much better after accidentally smashing head first while running into glass. (In fact, I'm thrilled that my headaches are subsiding -- concussion begone!) Learn about the origins of Gratitude Week on Gab with the Gurus by reading the press release about the event.
Please note that in all 5 shows for Gratitude Week, different angles were covered. And every show was equally fascinating, inspiring and helpful. So I urge you to listen to each and every show.
During Gratitude Week, you received insights on:
- How a practice of gratitude can completely transform your life.
- How being grateful can take you away from your pain
- How gratitude can help you to become creative.
- How grateful people are more optimistic.
- How when you are thankful, your grouchiness takes a hike.
- For what celebrities such as Alicia Keys and Morgan Freeman are grateful.
- How being grateful can help to diminish your stress.
- How an attitude of gratitude helps you become spiritual.
- And much more
You also received:
- Many wonderful, practical pointers on how you can fit gratitude your daily routine.
- Tips on how you can slip gratitude exercises here and there to enhance your happiness.
My heartfelt thanks goes to the following people:Gratitude Week, Day 5: On Goal Setting, Creativity & Moving through Pain
- Cami Walker, author of the New York Times bestseller, 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life and founder of www.29Gifts.org, a site that encourages people to sign up for a free 29-day giving challenges. Became more grateful after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis a month before getting married.
- Dr. Larry Iverson, clinical psychologist and author of Unleash Your Success. www.DrLarryIverson.com
- Rabbi Irwin Kula, author of the award-winning Yearnings: Embracing the Sacred Messiness of Life and recipient of the 2008 Walter Cronkite Faith and Freedom Award. (See Dr. Kula give great suggestions on "Oprah" here.)
Listen to Day 5 here: http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay5-GabWithGurus
Here were Day 4's wonderful guests.
Gratitude Week, Day 4: On Optimism, Managing Stress, Getting in Balance & Being Spiritual
- Dr. Terry Paulson, a psychologist, professional speaker, columnist and author of the new book, The Optimism Advantage. www.optimismadvantage.com
- Howard Martin, author of The Heart Math Solution and founding member of www.HeartMath.com, which researches the heart-brain connection and develops science-based solutions to reduce stress and improve performance
- Mary Treacy O’Keefe, co-founder and president of Well Within in St. Paul, Minnesota. Uses gratitude for stress reduction and spiritual growth. www.WellWithin.org
- Nora Firestone, journalist and founder of www.ThankingOfYou.com, a Web-based forum for posting (and discovering) stories of gratitude to "recognize, affirm and honor" the people who've made a difference in your life.
- Amy Weintraub, author of Yoga for Depression, founder of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute, and a leader in the field of yoga and mental health. Amy’s evidence-based yoga protocol is featured on the award-winning DVD series LifeForce Yoga to Beat the Blues. www.yogafordepression.com.
Listen to Day 4 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay4-GabWithGurus
Gratitude Week, Day 3: On Celebrities, Gratitude Lists & Grouchiness
- Todd Aaron Jensen, an award-winning entertainment journalist, a Kundalini yoga instructor, youth baseball coach, father of six and author of the upcoming book, On Gratitude: 50 Celebrities on the Power of Giving Thanks (to be published Sept. 21, World Gratitude Day).
- Ciji Ware, a former KABC radio commentator, who has been keeping a "Gratitude List" for 2666 days (as of July 7). Jotting down 3 things a day for which she is grateful helped her turn her life around. Ciji is also author of the book, Rightsizing Your Life: Simplifying Your Surroundings While Keeping What Matters Most.
- Sally Marks, author of the ebook, Erase Negativity and Embrace the Magic Within. She contends that lack of gratitude is probably the number one cause of grouchiness.
- Sue Lundquist, author of “I’m Thankful” and owner of the I’m Thankful™ Network, which is syndicated syndicated across the country. www.ImThankful.com
Listen to Day 3 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay3-GabWithGurus
Gratitude Week, Day 2: On Optimism, Love, Empowerment & Getting "Enough"
- Dr. Stephen G. Post, director of the Center for Medical Humanities, Compassionate Care and Bioethics at Stony Brook University and author of Why Good Things Happen to Good People http://www.stephengpost.com
- Dr. Diana Kirschner, psychologist and author Love in 90 Days: The Essential Guide to Finding Your Own True Love. http://www.lovein90days.com
- Elizabeth “Lily” Hills, author of the new book, A Feminine Manifesta, which delves into how women have sabotaged themselves by being their own worst critics. It shares how the power of gratitude can transform your life, freeing you up to be the best of who you can be. www.AFeminineManifesta.com
- Sue Lundquist, author of I’m Thankful and owner of the I’m Thankful™ Network, which is syndicated syndicated across the country. www.ImThankful.com
- Erika Oliver, a Positive Approach Coach and author of Happy Crap: The Power of Positive Assumptions! www.erikaoliver.com
- Corinne Gregory, President and Founder of SocialSmarts, a nationally-recognized program for teaching kids and adults positive social skills, character and values, and author of It's Not Who You Know, It's How You Treat Them
Listen to Day 2 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay2-GabWithGurus
Gratitude Week, Day 1: On Happiness, Forgiveness, Coping & Resolving Food Issues
- Dr. Philip Watkins, psychology professor at Eastern Washington University in Cheney, Washington. Conducted research on how gratitude contributes to happiness, your ability to cope and be healthy.
- Dr. Philip Friedman, psychologist and director of the Foundation for Well-Being in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. Published three clinical research articles on gratitude and forgiveness as they relate to well-being and change over time using empirical measures (GQ6 and GRATS) www.ForgivenessSolution.com
- Dr. Sharon Livingston, a psychologist who helps people with emotional eating problems and uses gratitude as an essential piece of healing this problem. www.EmotionalEatingSecrets.com
- Robert Mack, positive psychology expert and author, Happiness From the Inside Out: The Art and Science of Fulfillment and a positive psychology expert. www.happinessfromtheinsideout.com
Listen to Day 1 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay1-GabWithGurus
Here are the links to all 5 shows:
Please note that you can subscribe to Gab with the Gurus on iTunes.
Get more details by reading the following press release about Gratitude Week on Gab with the Gurus.
Stay tuned for another Gab with the Gurus Radio Show on Sept. 21 for World Gratitude Day and another show (date TBA) with a couple of gratitude researchers, who were unable to participate in Gratitude Week.
Also, here's another recent Gab with the Gurus Radio Show about gratitude with Stephanie Gunning.