Just a quick reminder: One of America's foremost obesity experts, Dr. David Ludwig, will offer tips on how to slim down your kids on my Stop SUGAR SHOCK! Radio Show at 4 pm EST today.
You can listen live or afterwards, at your own convenience.
Topic of Stop SUGAR SHOCK! Radio Show: "How to Help Your Kids Slim Down"
Guest: Renowned children's obesity expert David Ludwig, M.D., Ph.D., author, Ending the Food Fight: Guide Your Child to a Healthy Weight in a Fast Food/Fake Food World.
Date: Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 4 pm EST (Podcast available afterwards.)
As you may recall, Dr. Ludwig, who is director of the Optimal Weight for Life (OWL) Program, a renowned pediatric weight management program for children at Children’s Hospital Boston, recently offered 6 tips to readers of the SUGAR SHOCK! Blog.
On the upcoming Stop SUGAR SHOCK! Radio Show, you'll get to receive pointers directly from Dr. Ludwig, in which he'll teach you how to help trim down your kids and how to get them to cut back on those tempting desserts.
Dr. Ludwig also is an associate professor in the Department of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School and a revered researcher, who has come up with some eye-opening conclusions about the role of culprit carbs to weight gain. During our interview, Dr. Ludwig will, for instance, help teach you:
- How to explain to your youngsters the differences between “real food” like veggies and fruits and “fake food” like sugary soda and processed chips, crackers, cakes, etc.
- How to help your kids make friends with crunchy, savory vegetables.
- How to wean your kids off soda – the nutrient-lacking sugary drink that can pack on those pounds.
- How to get your kids to eat healthy meals and snacks even if they now swear they’ll never have them.
- How to introduce your family to tasty, fiber-filled whole grains such as brown rice, steel cut oats, millet and quinoa.
- How to transform food conflict into food cooperation.
- What do when your children bug you for candies, cookies, chips, pizza or fast food.
- How your children can have fun becoming food label-reading experts so they can make better food choices.
- What to tell your children to combat peer pressure to eat junk food.
- How to help your kids enjoy getting active.
- How to inspire and help your kids to eat healthy, even if they’re on the run.
Make sure to see the useful tips Dr. Ludwig gave previously, which I posted here.