FYI, this press release that I wrote has been capturing a lot of interest from the media this week.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Britney Spears: Out-of-Control Sugar Addict?
Sugar Addiction Expert Connie Bennett Gives 8 Warning Signs of Sugar Addiction, Hypoglycemia or Sugar Shock
NEW YORK, N.Y., March 19, 2007--Britney Spears’ erratic behavior over the last few months, including her recent hair-shaving incident, could indicate that she’s suffering from sugar addiction, hypoglycemia or sugar shock, says sugar addiction expert Connie Bennett.
“Britney Spears may be one of millions who are needlessly enduring depression, anger outbursts, mental confusion, fatigue and more because they’re unknowingly a victim of sugar addiction, hypoglycemia or sugar shock,” says Bennett, author of SUGAR SHOCK!: How Sweets and Simple Carbs Can Derail Your Life—And How You Can Get Back on Track (Berkley Books, 2007), with Stephen Sinatra, M.D.
"The pop star is obviously suffering from sugar addiction and possibly hypoglycemia if there's truth to the recent Star magazine story about Britney Spears' alleged `raging sweet tooth' while in rehab," Bennett continues, noting that "the singer is reportedly gulping one Coke after another, often sucking lollipops or other hard candies, and eating donuts, cake or cookies."
Sugar addiction, hypoglycemia or sugar shock plague some 147 million Americans, and Britney Spears could be one of these frustrated sugar addicts or people with hypoglycemia, who are clueless as to why they’re suffering from a host of baffling ailments, which also include mood swings, anxiety, severe PMS and even low libido. Some researchers have found that sugar addiction or dependency bears uncanny similarities to drug, alcohol or nicotine addiction. (According to media reports, Britney Spears has suffered from at least one of these problems.)
Bennett—a certified holistic health counselor and former sugar addict, who now jokingly calls herself an “Ex-Sugar Shrew!”—offers Britney Spears and others 8 of many warning signs of sugar shock, sugar addiction or hypoglycemia. You’re:
1. Getting abnormal, almost insatiable cravings for sweets. (Reportedly, Britney Spears experiences these tell-tale symptoms of hypoglycemia, sugar addiction or sugar shock.)
2. Feeling wiped out and spacey if you don’t grab a sugary snack or drink by late morning or mid-afternoon.
3. Flipping from wired to tired, at a moment’s notice.
4. Embarrassing yourself by bouts of irrational, cranky, snappy behavior, temper outbursts or even crying spells.
l5. Suffering from ferocious headaches, the shakes or dizziness.
6. Having excessive fatigue or difficulty concentrating. Extra sleep even doesn’t help much.
7. Feeling that a meal is incomplete without a dessert or refined carb. (Those include chips, white-four bread or white rice).
8. Sneaking extra cookies, candies or chips when no one’s watching or driving clear across town in the middle of the night to buy a Danish, donut or soda.
Britney Spears, as well as sugar addicts or people with hypoglycemia everywhere can break free from their sugar habit and gain good health, level moods, better concentration, improved relationships, and maybe even increased libido, says Bennett, whose book, SUGAR SHOCK! includes many valuable ideas to achieve sugar liberation. One chapter features Bennett's 21 sweet, sugar-free success secrets and strategies, and another delves into the tragedy of hypoglycemia.
SUGAR SHOCK! [ISBN 0425213579] is available at online retailers such as Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com and bookstores throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Learn more about Britney Spears' reported sugar addiction, and get other tips at Bennett’s SUGAR SHOCK! Blog at http://snipurl.com/BritneySugarAddict