Today is "Blog for Relief" Day.
Those of you on dry ground today, please, reach into your wallets today to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina,
Even if you've already donated when I've asked twice previously, just think about these poor people -- our fellow Americans -- who are traumatized, barely surviving, starving, tired, struggling, homeless, and probably a lot worse.
They need our help! So join me right NOW and donate.
"Please dig deep and give. Then give again. Then give until you really feel it," urges Hugh Hewitt, who first suggested that "perhaps the bloggers could agree to set a day for a unified blog beg."
Kudos also to Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit, for suggesting today and promoting it heavily and to N.Z. Bear of the truth laid bear, who set up a registration page for bloggers to join in the efforts.
Think about how fortunate you are now pull out your credit card this minute and contribute to one of the following:
- Adventist Community Services
- America's Second Harvest--The Nation's Food Bank Network
- American Red Cross (1-800-HELP NOW)
- Catholic Charities USA
- Chabad Lubavitch of Louisiana
- Christian Disaster Response
- Christian Reformed World Relief Committee
- Church World Service
- Convoy of Hope
- Corporation for National and Community Service Disaster Relief Fund
- Episcopal Relief and Development
- Feed the Children
- How Canadians Can Help
- Humane Society of the United States
- Lutheran World Relief
- Mennonite Disaster Services
- LDS Foundation Humanitarian Services
- Mercy Corps
- Nazarene Disaster Response
- North American Mission Board
- Operation Blessing
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Salvation Army
- Samaritan's Purse
- Soldiers' Angels
- Union for Reformed Judaism
- United Jewish Communities
- United Methodist Committee on Relief
For more information, visit the website for the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster.
If you're a blogger, add your blog here to join the relief efforts, and urge your readers to contribute, too.
Spread the word. Send your friends, relatives and colleagues this link. Tell them to donate now!